Arts Exploration Camp Programming Intern
The Community Arts Center seeks one or more engaging and motivated student interns to play a strong supporting role in implementing our summer 2018 Arts Exploration Camp. Every year, more than 100 children participate in a variety of art-focused camps at the Arts Center.
Camp themes for 2018 are: Painting the Forest, Project Runway, Super Hero Camp, Fairy Camp, Mini Masters, Cross-Training for Artists, Dollhouse Camp, The Mona Lisa Is Missing, Island Adventure Camp, and Christmas in July.
Summer education interns will:
- Lead camp activities, both independently and in partnership with professional artists;
- Engage with campers, creating positive relationships to help ensure a successful, fun experience for our students;
- Assist the Marketing Director in documenting camp activities via photography and videography;
- Create project prototypes and trouble-shoot projects to ensure they are age-appropriate and accessible to students of various abilities;
- Perform other tasks to support the Executive Director.
Significant arts experience is NOT required for this position, but experience working with children is a must. We are looking for interns who are friendly, outgoing, responsible, and able to work independently.
Arts Exploration Camp will be in session from June 4th through August 3rd with no camp the week of July 2nd. The daily time commitment varies with the camp, ranging from four hours per day (twenty hours per week) to six hours per day (thirty hours per week). Students may elect to undertake a four-, six-, or eight-week internship.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Niki Kinkade at email@example.com.