The Danville Art Festival takes place June 8 & 9 on the idyllic grounds of Centre College during the Great American Brass Band Festival (started in 1990), an event which attracts over 23,000 visitors annually. The Danville Art Festival is a juried event that presents high-caliber artwork by an exclusive selection of fine artists.
Saturday, June 8th – 12pm to 7pm
Sunday, June 9th – 11am to 3pm
The Danville Art Festival takes place on the Centre College campus, in the heart of the GABBF festivities. The artist booths will be along a sidewalk adjacent to Walnut Street – across the street from the main stage and music festival lawn.
Want to get to know the artists in the 2019 Danville Art Festival? Check out our series of blog posts written by committee member Jane Dewey, Director of Arts Education for the Danville Independent Schools.
- Meet the Artists #1 – Kristan Paynter and Susan Black
- Meet the Artists #2 – Paul Muth and Ashley Trabue
- Meet the Artists #3 – Kelli Pope and Deborah and Dacelle Peckler
- Meet the Artists #4 – Shawnna Southerland and Brittney Rice
- Meet the Artists #5 – Doug Brink and Brad Bickel
- Meet the Artists #6 – Stacey Chinn and Michelle Norvell
The 2019 festival will include artists specializing in ceramics, jewelry, fiber art, painting, wire sculpture, and more including:
- Brad Bickel – Glass Jewelry
- Susan Black – Photography
- Doug Brink (Lazy Beagle Pottery) – Pottery
- Stacey R Chinn – Pottery and Ceramic Jewelry
- Paul Muth (Sugar Grove Pottery) – Pottery
- Michelle Norvell (Roxy Ruby Jewelry) – Jewelry
- Kristan Paynter – Painting
- Dacelle Peckler – Wire Sculpture
- Deborah Peckler – Needle-Felted Wool Sculpture
- Kelli Pope (Jewelry by Kelli) – Jewelry
- Shawnna Southerland – Fiber Art
- Ashley Trabue – Painting
The Danville Art Festival is presented by Community Arts Center of Danville, Kentucky.