Now on Exhibit: Contemporary Quilts
Contemporary Quilts features the extraordinary work of the best quilters in the region.
DANVILLE/BOYLE SQUARED MINIATURE QUILT EXHIBITION
The Danville/Boyle County area is abundant with incredibly talented quilters. The Community Arts Center hopes to simultaneously showcase the beauty of our region and the work of these fiber artists with a unique challenge: miniature quilts inspired by the beauty of Boyle County and Danville.
We are seeking twelve-inch-square quilts that either depict or are directly inspired by the scenery and way of life that we celebrate in our community. Danville’s tranquil downtown, Perryville’s rich history, “Title Town,” the Great American Brass Band Festival, the hills of Forkland, and Centre College are just a few ideas of the many possibilities to pursue.
Quilts accepted into the exhibit will be on display at the Arts Center from June 1st through July 30th.
The guidelines for the quilts are as follows:
- Quilts must be 12 inches square.
- Quilts must depict or be directly inspired by scenery found in Boyle County, Kentucky.
- Quilts must be stitched either by hand or machine (no glued or tied quilts).
- Quilts must be at least three layers (quilt top, batting, and backing) with finished edges.
- Quilts must have a hanging sleeve on the back.
- Quilts may be for sale if the artist desires. The Arts Center collects a 30% commission on sales.
All quilts meeting the requirements will be considered, however the Community Arts Center reserves the right to decline works based on content, craftsmanship, and gallery space restrictions.
Deadline for quilt drop-off submissions: Saturday, May 21
Opening Reception (accepted artists should attend): Thursday, June 2
Quilts on display: June 1 — July 30
Pickup quilts: August 1 — August 6
To enter the Danville/Boyle Squared Miniature Quilt Exhibition, please click here to download and print the exhibition form, and drop off your quilt with the completed form at the Community Arts Center, 401 W. Main Street, Danville, KY by 4:00 on May 21, 2016. For more information, contact Community Arts Center Program Director Brandon Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.