A Field Trip to the Community Arts Center is Easy and Fun
The Community Arts Center is pleased to welcome students and educators for robust, standards-aligned educational experience. Every field trip will include the opportunity for students to create, present, respond, and connect to professional artwork exhibited at the Arts Center. Students will enjoy a guided exploration of the exhibit with discussion facilitated by a professional artist and will also have the opportunity to create a piece of original artwork.
Horizon: Contemporary Landscape
September 5 to November 10
While the Arts Center is always excited to host field trips for any exhibit, we feel that the Horizon exhibit is especially relevant for school visits for several reasons:
- The exhibit features high-quality artwork from artists across the United States.
- Landscape art is easily relatable by all age groups, allowing easy connections to advanced concepts.
- The exhibit features a variety of artistic styles and encourages creative thinking.
- Students are able to respond to the artwork and present their interpretation in a safe environment.
- The Arts Center creates interactive hands-on activities aligned to visual arts standards so that the students get to not only see great art, but create their own. During their visit, students will create artwork from a new point of view – an aerial landscape. Students will explore how a shift in perspective can create abstract results.
The Arts Center will provide pre-visit materials to help your students prepare for their field trip along with additional post-visit materials to help reinforce core concepts after your field trip.
Cost and Scheduling
Field trips are 90 minutes in length and we prefer to limit class size to 30 students in order to ensure a high quality educational experience for all. We provide at least 3 art educators and encourage as many engaged adult chaperones as you can bring! Admission is $6/student, $3/adult chaperones & homes school parents. Classroom teachers, aides, and bus drivers attend free. Field trips for 2nd and 3rd graders and all students with disabilities are free.
The calendar below shows field trip availability. Click here to schedule your field trip using our online form. If you have questions, please contact Abby Quirk-Royal at email@example.com or 859.236.4054.
Field trips for students with disabilities are provided under a contract with the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts. The VSA Museum Access for Kids Program fosters the engagement of students with disabilities, pre-kindergarten through grade 12, in the arts and culture of their community by providing opportunities to learn through, participate in, attend, and enjoy accessible arts-based events and activities.
Funding for grade-level field trips provided by: